Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beginning.

So, here we have the new year. Why do people make the 'New Year's resolutions'? Because a new year reminds us of a new start, a new beginning.
2012 is going to bring a lot of changes, I have no doubts about that. In the world economics, with crisis coming our way, in our private lives, in our churches. Are you going to change your job? Are you going to move? Get married? Have a baby? Those are significant changes. Are you ready for them? What were your thoughts when entering the new year?

I know that this year absolutely everything is going to change in my life. I might change my job, I might move, I might work for different church. Many things are going to be just... different. We tend to be scared of small changes. What about when all your life turns upside down? When you literally start over? I am scared. Very much so. But then.. I'm excited. So much so that I just can't wait to see what God has in store.

With this note I want to encourage you to.. take courage. Changes are not bad. Even if they are caused by a force or a tragedy, they always lead to good things. Why? Because God is going to 'use everything for the good of those who love him' (Romans 8:28). Do you love God? Then sleep in peace.
Last 3 years have been the hardest years of my life. Not because I've spent those 3 years in a very intense Bible program. Not because I've had to deal with living in a different country with 5 different nationalities and not being able to speak in my native language.. etc. Not because of that, but because God had me deal with.. myself. 'You are your worst enemy' is a true quote. You are. I've learned that there is always something to change and believe me, those past 3 years have been packed with things God's been revealing to me. While changing and going through the hardship of learning my lessons, there have been some hard things happening in my life. People walking in and out of my life, people getting sick, not being able to deal with some things and even having a huge break down. There were some serious issues I've been facing. But the thing I've learned from them is that God is faithful. He is worth of our trust so much that I do not dare to worry. Every time I did worry He proved me wrong. He proved me He is stronger than me. I've seen miracles happening. I witnessed people being freed from past. I've seen growth and change. I still see.

So for this new year, let God prove you His faithfulness. Let the new beginning start today.

'And it is my desire to lavish my love on you' 1John 3:1







No comments:

Post a Comment