Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Qualification?


God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called.
***

What is your qualification?

When God called me, mine was Zero.

I couldn't put together a sentence that would make sense, I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't lead, I couldn't preach. My level of development was not the top notch, to say the least. Mostly because of the environment I grew up in, I lacked hope big time.

And while feeling broken and incapable, I've had only one thing.

Desperate faith that God is bigger than me and that if He wants to do something through me, He will find a way.

He did.

Out of a dark room, He called me.

Out of hurt, pain, sleepless nights.

He whispered my name.

If you ask, I must tell you that I was petrified beyond explanation.

I thought God was making a serious mistake.

For real, I knew nothing. I had zero qualifications, I could't even control my emotions.
No discipline, no sense of self- worth, no faith in myself, only holding on to hope that God truly cares.

You know, I understand the feeling of doubt. I know it too well.
Fear so strong, it makes your body shiver? Yup, know that too.

Hear this.

Jacob was a liar.
Moses was a stutterer.
Gideon was a coward.
David was an adulterer.
Rahab was a prostitute.
Esther was an orphan.
Balaam's donkey was...well, a donkey.

And yet God used each one of them to impact His kingdom.

Unqulified, definitely not perfect, some so immoral and hopelessly bad, that their whole family and all people they've ever known, didn't want to have anything to do with them. They would cast a stone at them whenever they got a chance.

Yet God goes for people who are far from perfect.
God  has the power beyond human abilities.

God WANTS to use everything you've gone through for His glory.
Your testimony will change lives.
Your story of getting out of trouble and depression will give people who have gone through similar things, hope, that they could get 'there', too.

He doesn't care if you're unqualified.

The only thing you need to put in your cv is:

I SUBMIT.

This is all God needs.
All of you.

He will make you qualified.
As you pray and dig into His word, He will pour His wisdom on you.
He will take you out of your comfort zone to get you to a totally new, different place.

You can't move on as long as you put your trust in you.
Or till you think that God is someone equal to you.

Have faith and hope,
Let Him use you.

Listen and go wherever He'd send you.

Learning is a process, so give it time.

He will send you.

Be open, and your life will change.


There is only one thing I can guarantee you:

God will never leave you nor forsake you, nor give up on you.

***

God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called.

No comments:

Post a Comment