Wednesday, October 10, 2012

In Him alone.

But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. (James 1:6 NLT)

Be sure that your faith is in God alone.

Wow. This hit me. I pray about situations. Some of them include decisions people are making. I trust the leaders that I work with at church, so when I pray about certain situations, do I pray trusting that leaders would make the right move, or do I pray having faith in GOD to guide their hearts according to His will?
How easy is it to have faith in people who don't have the power to turn a black hair to white? How HARD is it to unconditionally have faith in God who created heavens and earth and every single living thing on here?!

Why is it so?

James called it 'divided loyalty'. This is serious business. He doesn't call it lack of faith. He calls is being disloyal towards our God.
We're not to have faith in earthly things or treat people and their wisdom as our gods or best helpers.
We're to believe in God, at all times, no matter what.
We're to be loyal to Him.




Not easy, but it is fundamental.

No comments:

Post a Comment